Think you might have a urinary tract infection (UTI)? Here at DuPage Immediate Care, we provide urgent care UTI services to accurately treat such issues in a single visit.
UTIs are fairly common, and occur when bacteria from the skin on or around the genital or rectal area enters the bladder. Once inside the bladder or urethra, the bacteria then multiplies, which causes the infection.
Common signs and symptoms of a UTI include:
- Frequent urination
- A burning sensation during urination and/or feeling the urge to urinate, though little to no urine is released.
UTIs occur in people of all ages, and are often the result of:
- Sexual activity
- Poor hygiene
- Women usage of certain types of birth control, such as diaphragms or spermicide
- A decline in estrogen level due to menopause.
- Diabetes or other immunodeficiency diseases.
- Kidney stones
- A recent use of a urinary catheter
- Nerve damage around the bladder.
Though UTIs are fairly common, it’s also important that they’re treated promptly. Failure to do so could lead to more serious health and medical issues, such as kidney problems.
For more information about UTIs, you can visit the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF DIABETES AND DIGESTIVE AND KIDNEY DISEASES website that provides relevant information to prevent and treat the UTI and other related infections: niddk.nih.gov