Medication, Inhalers, Steroids, Oxygen, those are just some of the treatment methods that people use long-term to treat asthma as a means of minimizing airway inflammation and ensuring adequate breathing.
At DuPage Immediate Care, we offer comprehensive asthma diagnosis and treatment.
Pulmonary Function Test
Pulmonary function tests, or PFTs, basically consist of a group of tests that help determine how well the lungs work.
For instance, PFTs can help measure how well a person can breathe and how well the lungs deliver oxygen to the rest of the body. You might need a PFT if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- You’re showing symptoms consistent with lung issues.
- You’re exposed to workplace or environmental conditions that could potentially damage the lungs.
- PTF may needed as means of monitoring previously diagnosed lung diseases (i.e., asthma, COPD, etc.).
- To determine lung health before a surgery.
PFTs are able to diagnose a variety of conditions and issues, such as:
- Respiratory infections and Chest muscle issues
- Chronic bronchitis
- Lung fibrosis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD
- Pulmonary tumors/lung cancer
Asthma attacks are nothing to take lightly, but many people don’t realize that urgent care centers provide a quality alternative to the emergency room.
At DuPage Immediate Care, we’re not just experienced in treating asthma attacks in patients of all ages, but our short wait times allow us to do that faster than a typical Emergency Room.