As our country is still in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, finding fast and reliable healthcare is more important than ever. We’ve all had to make adjustments to how we work, live, go to school, and care for ourselves and our families. The symptoms of this novel coronavirus range from mild flu-like illness to severe and life-threatening, and it’s important to always be paying attention, so you can get care early in case of exposure. Common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body ache
- New loss of taste or smell
Though the symptoms above are the most common, many people also experience nasal/sinus congestion, nausea, diarrhea, chest pressure, confusion, and other warning signs. While many people experience a mild illness due to COVID-19, high-risk individuals should seek immediate medical care. Young children, elderly folks, immunocompromised people, and those with pre-existing chronic diseases are more susceptible, and may need professional support.
If you suspect that you may have been infected with the coronavirus, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Quarantine yourself! Even if your symptoms are mild, isolate yourself from others until you are feeling better.
- Boost your hydration. Make sure you’re taking in enough fluids, particularly fresh water, electrolyte drinks, herbal teas, and soups.
- Rest! Give your body a chance to fight off the virus. Take time away from work if possible, get extra sleep, and avoid physical exertion.
- Know when to go to urgent care. If your symptoms become severe, or you experience new symptoms, please seek medical attention.
There are options for great medical care near you, including the DuPage Urgent Care facility in Oakbrook. Our staff is here to help you and your loved ones through any crisis, including COVID-19. Walk in anytime, or call ahead to make an appointment.